Click to find out more

Reply To: Creating memories by holidaying with your child

Home FORUM Holidays & Travel Creating memories by holidaying with your child Reply To: Creating memories by holidaying with your child

PeterPeter
Keymaster

Going on holidays with my daughter is one of the best connecting things we do. Sharing experiences and creating memories that can be reminisced for a long time is great, the photos are great for that. I usually put them up on Facebook and i like it when they pop us as a memory a year or two later and I say OMG remember that, remember we saw that etc. I like going on a holiday just the two of us. Its the best 1 on 1 time you can every spend, you get to chat and just reply on each other for company for a few days. I don’t have to juggle other people’s wants and needs, it’s simply intentional time spent together. Any age works, i started when my she was around 6 when we went to Bali, 8 we went to Thailand, 9 we went to Fiji, a couple of years gap and we went to Magnetic island and the last few years we have been going on weekend away trips to Launceston lavender farm (something different), Gold Coast (warmth) to chill. If the day feels like we have been on the go, we will have a down day where we just relax by the pool or at the hotel? We may even watch a movie in the room for a few hours? It doesn’t matter because we are hanging out together. My daughter is a teenager now and has a part time job so we work it around that. If she has a Sunday shift, we fly back in early so she doesnt need to change shifts. I just like making it work so we get to do it. Our next trip might be Hawaii for a 5 day she suggested, its a destination where she’s always wanted to go, so I’m starting to save for that. Have you been on holidays just with your children/child? How’d it go? Would like to hear your stories and get some ideas.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by PeterPeter.